Welcome to NASA Kentucky
The Kentucky Space Grant Consortium has invested in the careers of Kentucky researchers and students for the past 25 years. Managed alongside NASA EPSCoR, these programs form the nucleus of NASA Kentucky and provide an engine of opportunity for scientific and technological leadership in the state.
Kentucky goes to space!
KySat-2 launched Nov 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM on the ORS-3 mission from NASA Wallops.
Follow along as it circles the globe. (Click satellite icon and select KySat-2)
Morehead State University KySat-2 Team
University of Kentucky KySat-2 Team
KySat-2 Mission Patch
RFP-12-003A: NASA Kentucky EPSCoR Research Faculty NASA Travel Opportunity AMENDED
RFP-12-UGTS: NASA KY Space Grant Consortium Undergraduate Travel Scholarships OPEN
NASA Summer 2014 Internships OPEN Ends March 1, 2014
Additional opportunities listed on NASA Internships and Team Projects.
• NASA is accepting applications for Summer 2014 internships. Apply early, selections begin
prior to the deadline.
• The National Council of Space Grant Directors 25th Anniversary Space Grant Book is now
available (PDF, 25MB). Kentucky is featured on pgs. 38-39.
Conferences, Meetings, and Lectures
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) UK – Abstracts due Dec 6
Wing Design Competition 2013
Wing Design Competition 2013 Results:
• 1st – Conner High School (Boone County), Team Charlie
• 2nd – Muhlenberg County High School, Flying Mustangs
• 3rd – Conner High School (Boone County), Ace of Spades
• Aviators’ Award – Taylor County High School
• Aviators’ Award Honorable Mention – Frankfort High School, Unmanned Panther Squadron
Wing Design Competition 2013 photo gallery and full results
The NASA Kentucky Space Grant and EPSCoR Programs transitioned in 2010 to the University of Kentucky as host institution. Awards initiated before April 1, 2010 will continue to be administered at Western Kentucky University by Dr. Michael Carini. He can be reached via email email@example.com
or phone 270-745-6198.
Dr. Suzanne Weaver Smith, Director
Dr. Janet K. Lumpp, Associate Director
Mark Pittman, Program Manager
Jacob Owen, Program Coordinator
Cathy Wolford, Program Assistant
NASA Kentucky Space Grant Consortium and EPSCoR Programs
University of Kentucky College of Engineering
112 Robotics Bldg (RMB)
Lexington, KY 40506-0108
Phone: 859-218-6272 (859-218-NASA)