See also Space Grant FAQ and EPSCoR FAQ.
- What types of expenses are allowed? NASA Kentucky awards cover typical grant expenses such as personnel, travel, materials, and supplies and tuition. General restrictions include: no equipment, domestic travel only, and cost-share must be from non-federal sources. See the RFP guidelines and Budget Form for details on specific programs. Please contact Mark Pittman with budget related questions: email@example.com.
- How do I acknowledge NASA KY support on publications, posters and presentations? If you were awarded a GF, US, TP, RIA, CDR or MG grant from NASA Kentucky Space Grant Consortium funds, please use the following acknowledgement:
“The material is based upon work supported by NASA Kentucky under NASA award No: NNX10AL96H.”
If you were awarded a RIDG or WCS grant from NASA Kentucky EPSCoR RID funds, please use the following acknowledgement:
“The material is based upon work supported by NASA Kentucky under NASA award No: NNX10AV39A.”
“The material is based upon work supported by NASA Kentucky under NASA award No: NNX13AB12A.”
- How do I request a No Cost Extension (NCE) for my NASA KY grant? No-cost extensions for NASA Kentucky awards are not automatic. Requests for extensions must be received no later than 30 days prior to the current end date of the award. Requests must include detail of the programmatic justification for an extension:
1) delays that prevented completion of the planned effort on time, along with a plan for completion; or
2) details of new opportunities that can be realized by adding additional scope, along with a plan for completion.
Requests may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the overarching goals of NASA Kentucky programs are to establish and build relationships with NASA partners and to train students and faculty for research supporting NASA’s and Kentucky’s priorities. Details of progress toward these goals are also important to include in any request for extension.
- How do I request a re-budget of the funding categories for my NASA KY grant? PIs have the flexibility to re-budget without approval from NASA KY as the needs of the project develop provided that the total budget still meets the budget guidelines described in the corresponding RFP. GF and US grants are awarded for a specific student and may not be re-budgeted to reduce support for the student (for example increasing faculty support) or to support a different student. Budget related questions should be directed to Mark Pittman: email@example.com.
Dr. Suzanne Weaver Smith, Director
Dr. Janet K. Lumpp, Associate Director
Jacob Owen, Assistant Director
Mark Pittman, Program Manager
NASA Kentucky Space Grant Consortium and EPSCoR Programs
University of Kentucky College of Engineering
112 Robotics Bldg (RMB)
Lexington, KY 40506-0108
Phone: 859-218-6272 (859-218-NASA)